Runoff Post-processing - Overview
This module transforms the grids generated by the core rainfall/runoff module
into volumes and stores them into database tables.
This module is also used to produce the figures required for calibration
of the rainfall/runoff module.
This module is more complex than the other ones.
It consists of 6 individual sub-modules; it is not necessary to execute all sub-modules each time the module is applied.
- Conversion of groundwater infiltration grids into groundwater Safe Yield grids
- Preparation of blanking files outlining individual catchments
- Calculation of daily, monthly or annual volumes for catchments
delineated by blanking files
- Verification of modelling results
against figures given by the Ministry
- Export of flows from historical year(s)
- Statistical evaluation (frequency analysis) of monthly volumes
- Calculation and export of mean groundwater safe yield figures for all balancing units