Entry of new industrial demand centers
The large number of settlements would be confusing when selecting industrial demand centers, because only a few of them possess an industry. Therefore, spatial selection uses a special industries shapefile.
If additional industries are to be added, first the ORACLE table FACILITIES needs to be updated and afterwards the corresponding ArcView Shapefile reconstructed.
Steps for introduction of a new facility in the ORACLE WIS:
- Add a new record to the table JORDAN.FACILITIES. The field FACILITY_ID is a unique facility code.
- Enter a new code. If this code is already existing, an error message will be displayed.
- Enter the name of the Facility, the year of data entry and the link to a settlement (VILLAGE_TOWN_CODE, see SETT_LIST or the ArcView shape file "base data\settle.shp").
- Enter an ISIC Code (Standard Industrial Code - see ORACLE lookup table ISIC_CLASS CODES for details) and all other fields where NULL values are not allowed. The SERVICE_ZONE_ID is important for wastewater returnflows.
- Do not forget the coordinates JORDAN_NORTH and JORDAN_EAST. They will be needed to construct a new industries shape file under ArcView.
The demand of the new facility can be considered for future scenarios simply by increasing the Industrial Demand of this facility in the Pre-Processing Module using the option "Expansion".