Data Flow of the DVS
The DVS has been developed under MS-Access. Being a data base application, the data flow is organised in a very systematic way.
In the data flow, the following features have to be distinguished:
- Online / Offline dataflow and their interchange
- Dataflow definitions as set not only in the program code but also in various internal data tables
- Specific data flow is typically
from monitoring and STP-tables (from WIS)
via various temporary internal tables and queries (they are automatically deleted after the output was produced)
to output under Excel.
- For certain projections, the DVS also reads Excel tables (that are not part of the WIS) and outputs them according the user's requirements.
- In addition to the tables from relational databases (ORACLE and Access), GIS files are used.